Terms of Service
- By using the ehna.acfee.org web site, or any services of eHNA, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of Service").
- The eHealth News Africa website and all domains associated with, mirrored, parked on or in any other way used to provide eHealth News Africa functionality.
- Any individual or legal entity accessing eHNA, in whatever capacity and for whatever purpose, and for the purpose of this agreement represented by the individual confirming acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by clicking "Accept" when registering on eHNA.
- The African Centre of eHealth Excellence (Acfee), non-profit company (NPF) registered in South Africa.
- Viruses. If you knowingly send or infect the Website with a computer virus, such as Trojan horse or worm or any other malware or code or practice intended to cause harm, damage denial of service, or any other service restriction, we retain the right to pursue you for all legal fees, including our own and those of any third party, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by it as a result of your actions.
- Liability. We accept no liability whatsoever for the content of any third party material appearing on our Website or the content of any other website to which our Website may be linked from time to time.
- Indemnity. You understand that you are personally responsible for your behaviour while on the Website, and agree to indemnify us from and against any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense of any kind, including any legal fees and costs that they may incur in connection with a third party claim.
- South African Law. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the applicable laws of South Africa and users agree that all legal proceedings relating to the matters herein shall be adjudicated solely in the courts of South Africa.
- The Publisher reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting these changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain notice of such changes.
B. Submitting Content
- If you submit content to eHealth News Africa you grant the Publisher a licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute and display in public that content in any form and media on or in connection with the Website, at no cost to the Publisher and for as long as the Publisher requires
- When submitting content, you agree not to do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate or infringe the rights of any person or entity including, but not limited to, rights of intellectual property, confidentiality, or rights of privacy.
- Upload or transmit any material which is unlawful, indecent, defamatory, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive or objectionable, politically sensitive or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Where you are not the author of any material you are uploading or transmitting, delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations within the material.
- When submitting content that was produced by another party, you agree to cite the author clearly and accurately.
- Orders for insertion of advertisements on the Website are accepted subject to the following conditions:
- That the advertisement is not defamatory and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or any other rights of any third party.
- The Advertiser agrees to indemnify the Publisher in respect of all costs, claims, damages, or other charges arising directly or indirectly as a result of the publication of the advertisement or advertisements.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to check the first appearance of any series of advertisements and notify us immediately of any errors. The Publisher accepts no responsibility for the correction of errors unless notified by the Advertiser.
- An Advertiser may cancel any part of an order without penalty in the event of the death or failure of its client or where the Advertiser has stopped trading. In other cases the Publisher will require all cancellations to be put in writing.
- A deposit may be required for any advertisement at the discretion of the Publisher. Payment shall be made for each advertisement within seven days of the date of the invoice.
- A primary use of Advertisers' personal information is for the marketing purposes. If an Advertiser does not wish for their personal information to be used for this purpose this should be indicated at the time of booking the advertisement.
- The Publisher reserves the right to disclose the name and address and any other account details of advertisers and/or agencies to the police, trading standards officials, or any other relevant authority and, where in its sole discretion deems it reasonable, to other third parties.
- The placing of an advertisement shall amount to an acceptance of the above conditions.
- Cookies are small data files sent to your browser, such as (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome from a website you visit. They are stored on your electronic device. A flash cookies is a type of cookie which is collected by Adobe Flash media player, also called a Local Shared Object, which is software you may already have on your electronic device to help you watch online videos and listen to podcasts.
- You can opt of cookies with several options. You can set your browser either to reject all cookies, allow only trusted sites to set them, or to only accept them from the site you are currently on. However, if you block or delete all cookies, some features of Websites, such as remembering your login details, not function.
E. Data Protection
- The Publisher is committed to protecting your privacy because it knows that you care how information about you is used and appreciate your trust to do this carefully and sensibly. You will be asked to submit personal information about yourself, such as name and email address. The Publisher will treat that information in accordance with this notice and policy. All email correspondence will include instructions on how to unsubscribe from the service to which you have subscribed. The Publisher will not share your private information with any third party except where it is required to do so by legal authorities.
- The Publisher may link to a wide variety of other sites and may display advertisements from third parties on the Website. The Publisher is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated.
- For quality control and training purposes, the Publisher may monitor or record your communications with it.
- If your personal details change, please let the Publisher know online at webmaster.
- Data protection notices may change and the Publisher will notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
- Images are purchased from fotolia under a license agreement. If you wish to use these images, please contact fotolia and get permission to do so. The Publisher takes no responsibility for any damages are legal challenges that may result from inappropriate usage of images.
F. House Rules
- House Rules have been developed so that everyone can get the best out of contributing to the comments. They aim to protect anyone who reads or contributes to the comments and to help everyone to have an enjoyable and safe time.
- By participating in the comments you agree to abide by these house rules. The Publisher reserves the right to change these comments and house rules at any time by posting these changes online. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain notice of such changes.
- Rules for contributing to the site and principles that you must accept include:
- To add your comments, click the "Comment" button that appears at the top or bottom of the article.
- We want to encourage safe and open discussions but if you think a comment breaks the comments house rules, please email us at webmaster.
- Personal attacks are posts which are designed to put down or insult other members. Comments of this nature are not beneficial and not permitted.
- Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually orientated, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable. Swearing is not allowed on the forum.
- Do not make an unreasonably large number of postings. The Publisher wants to publish comments from as many different people as possible, thus participants should keep their number of contributions per debate to a reasonable level.
- Please remember when posting that people of all ages and abilities use the website.
- Spamming or flooding are not permitted. Spamming is the posting of the same (or very similar) messages to lots of conversation threads. Flooding is when the same (or very similar) message is posted over and over again to the same conversation.
- Advertising is not allowed within the postings on the forum. If you wish to advertise through a banner or a tile advert on the website pages please contact us directly at webmaster.
- The Publisher welcomes feedback, both positive and negative. Please contact us by using the link provided on the page.
- It's important to note that you retain copyright in your contributions to the forum. This means that you are free to take what you have written and re-publish it somewhere else.
- The Publisher accepts no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by it and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy. Please keep your comments relevant, in good taste and civil.
- Do not post any defamatory material of any nature anywhere on the website. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
- Posting a message indicating your intention to commit an illegal act is strictly prohibited
- If you fail to abide by these comments and house rules then, in most cases, the following procedure will be followed.
- For a first offence, you will receive an official warning from the moderator.
- For a second or further offence, all your comments will be removed from the website and your future comments that you attempt to add to the website will be moderated and will not be uploaded to the website.
- All comments posted on eHealth News Africa website are automatically emailed to an eHealth News Africa editor for moderation who will determine whether the comment is appropriate. If the comment is appropriate the editor will upload the comment. If the comment is deemed to be inappropriate, it will be deleted and not appear on the website.
- The Publisher may remove any content that you post without cause, without giving reasons and without notice to you.
G. Language Policy
- As with the above comments and house rules, this swear word policy has been developed so that everyone can get the best out of contributing to the forum.
- If you see a word that you personally find offensive, please bring it to the Publisher's attention for a decision as to its suitability in the given context.
- The Publisher insists that you do not use swear words at all. The Website attracts a wide range of readers and members, in terms of age, culture, religious beliefs, nationality and personal attitude and many people are genuinely offended by swear words that others consider perfectly acceptable, so please respect this diversity.
Last Updated: May 05 2016